Supreme Court of Pakistan announces Panama Leaks Result
The news from Islamabad is that Supreme Court of Pakistan announces the Panama Leaks Result which was kept reserved on February 23, 2017.
The set of petitions moved by Advocate Tariq Asad, Jamaat-i-Islami (JI) chief Sirajul Haq, PTI chief Imran Khan and Awami Muslim League head Sheikh Rashid Ahmed asking for the appointment of a judicial commission to probe the assets made by Prime Minister Nawaz Sharif and members of his family in an offshore investment company called Mossack Fonseca. All the petitioners want for the disqualification of Prime Minister.
A Supreme Court’s five-member bench, led by Justice Asif Saeed Khosa, took up petitions on 20 October, 2016 and concluded its hearing on 23 February, 2017.
The stance was taken by the leadership of Pakistan Muslim League (N) that they will accept the decision.
Now, as the decision came against them. Let’s see now what their stance on it.
The Supreme Court of Pakistan said following:
The supreme court announces to make JIT(Joint Investigation Commission). Investigation will be completed in 60 days and on the basis of JIT, the future of PM of Pakistan will be decided.
2 judges disqualified PM but 3 judges were not satisfied with the provided evidences so they want further investigation that will be completed in 60 days.
THE FULL LIST OF PAKISTANIS IN PANAMA PAPERS:
Prime Minister Nawaz Sharif family members
- Hassan Nawaz
- Hussain Nawaz
- Maryam Nawaz
Relatives of CM Punjab and Prime Minister Nawaz Sharif
- Samina Durrani
- Ilyas Mehraj
Relatives of Benazir Bhutto
- Nephew Hassan Ali Jaffery
- Javed Pasha
- PPP Senator Rehman Malik
- PPP Senator Osman Saifullah’s family
- Anwar Saifullah
- Salim Saifullah
- Humayun Saifullah
- Iqbal Saifullah
- Javed Saifullah
- Jehangir Saifullah
- Waseem Gulzar
- Zain Sukhera
- Malik Riaz Hussain’s son (Bahria Town)
- Ahmad Ali Riaz
- Chairman ABM Group of Companies Azam Sultan
- Pizza Hut owner Aqeel Hussain and family
- Brother Tanwir Hassan
- Chairman Soorty Enterprise Abdul Rashid Soorty and family
- Sultan Ali Allana, Chairman of Habib Bank Limited
- Khawaja Iqbal Hassan, former NIB bank President
- Bashir Ahmed and Javed Shakoor of Buxly Paints
- Mehmood Ahmed of Berger Paints
- Hotel tycoon Sadruddin Hashwani and family
- Murtaza Haswani
- Owner of Hilton Pharma, Shehbaz Yasin Malik and family
- The Hussain Dawood family
- Shahzada Dawood
- Abdul Samad Dawood
- Saad Raja
- The Abdullah family of Sapphire Textiles (5 companies)
- Gul Muhammad Tabba of Lucky Textiles
- Shahid Nazir, CEO of Masood Textile Mills
- Partner Naziya Nazir
- Zulfiqar Ali Lakhani
- Zulfiqar Paracha
Pakistani Judges in Panama Leaks:
- Serving Lahore High Court Judge Justice Farrukh Irfan
- Retired Judge Malik Qayyum
Pakistani Media personnel in Panama Leaks:
- Mir Shakil-ur-Rehman of GEO and Jang Group