Make Vintage Effect in Photoshop
In this article, I will teach you how to make vintage effect in Adobe Photoshop (Cs5, Cs6, CC). PhotoShop is an image editing software introduced and invent by Adobe Systems Inc. PhotoShop is considered one of the top ranked software in photo editing. The software provides all users to manipulate, crop, resize, and correct color on different types of photos. This software is popular for professional photographers and graphic designers in all over the world.
You can create Vintage Effect by following the simple steps.
- Open Adobe Photoshop.
- Open the Image in Adobe Photoshop by pressing short key (Ctrl+O).
- Now the image appears on your working area. Adjust it on the proper size of screen by pressing short key (Ctrl+0).
- Unlock the layer by double clicking on the lock icon.
- Now make a copy of this layer by pressing short key (Ctrl+J).
- Now select Gradient Fill from the bottom of layer panel as shown in the video.
- Change the gradient style from “Linear” to “Radial” and reverse it’s direction under Scale panel.
- Change the layer mode from “Normal” to “Soft Light”.
- Make a copy of Gradient Fill layer just to get it more darker.
- Go the bottom of layer panel and select “Level”.
- Shift the Mid tone level to left side as shown in the video.
- Shift Light level to the right side.
- Go the bottom of layer panel and select “Vibrance”.
- Increase the vibrance from 0 to 100.
- Go the bottom of layer panel and select “Color Balance”.
- Select “Shadows” tone.
- Add a bit of red and yellow color.
- Change the tone from “Shadows” to “Highlights”.
- Now add a bit of cyan and yellow color.
- Go the bottom of layer panel and select “Solid Color”.
- Choose the matte black color.
- Change the Solid Color layer mode from “Normal” to “Exclusion”.
- Now select the White part of the “Color fill” layer.
- Select Brush from tool panel and make sure Black color is selected.
- Brush the face part and you will clearly see the difference.
- Now create an empty layer by the short key “Ctrl+shift+N” and change it’s mode from “Normal” to “Screen”.
- Take brush and select pale yellow color.
- Make sun glow effect on the image as shown in the video.
- To make it look more shiny, take a copy of it and adjust it by decreasing the layer opacity.
- Go the bottom of layer panel and select “Curves”.
- Change it’s mode from “RGB” to “Blue”.
- Now add some blue as shown in the video.
- Beautiful Vintage Effect is Ready.
You can watch the video tutorial